The War Memorial in Chapel lists the names of the members of Queens’ College who lost their lives in the Great War 1914–18, and in World War II 1939–45.
The memorial for the Great War (central four panels) was designed by Cecil Greenwood Hare, architect, and appears to have been completed by June 1922. The memorial for World War II (outer six panels) was dedicated in June 1952. Both had been financed by subscription amongst members of the College.
In both cases, the subscriptions raised more money than that required for the memorial tablets alone. The Great War memorial subscriptions also funded a new scholarship. The World War II subscriptions also supported the (much greater) cost of conversion of the space which had previously been the Old Chapel into a student library, subsequently known as the War Memorial Library.
- Roll of Honour — World War One.
- Roll of Honour — World War Two.
- Complete War List 1914–18 of members of Queens’ College Cambridge serving in H.M. Forces.
1921: The War List of the University of Cambridge 1914–1918, by Gordon Vero Carey, pp. 291–306. (OCLC 4649488)
1922: Queens’ College War Memorial: list of subscribers.