Alumni FAQs

Visiting the College

Q. I'm a Queens' alumnus/a. Can I visit the College?
A. A CAMCard entitles Queens' alumni to bring up to two guests free of charge. Entry for children of alumni is free of charge.

Q. At what times can I visit Queens' as an alum?
A. The College is open to alumni all year round between 0900hrs and 1800hrs. If alumni wish to visit out of hours, they need to contact either the Porters’ Lodge or the Alumni & Development Office for permission. We strongly recommend that alumni show their CAMCards when visiting the College. Alumni can apply for a CAMCard free of charge through the University. See:

Tours of the College

Q. Am I allowed to run tours of the College?
A. Alumni are not allowed to bring any guests to the College for profit. By arrangement with the College, only qualified Blue Badge tour guides are able to offer tours of the College.

Alumni CAMCard

Q. How do I apply for a University CAMCard?
A. The CAMCard is issued free to all alumni who have matriculated and studied at Cambridge. It provides complimentary entry to King’s College Chapel as well as most of the other colleges, along with a range of discounts at Cambridge hotels and select retailers. A CAMCard can be requested from the University of Cambridge. We encourage all alumni wishing to visit the College to show their CAMCard to the Porters on entry.

Education certification, degree transcripts and certificates

Q. How can I get a transcript or certificate of my degree?
A. The University’s Student Registry produces all degree transcripts and certificates for full-time Cambridge degrees and you can order online. Please see the Student Registry's degree certificates and transcripts webpage for further information. For College-specific enquiries, or if you would like a letter confirming you were a student at Queens', please contact the Tutorial Office.

Q. What if I have forgotten/don’t know my CRSid or USN?
A. You will need to contact the Student Registry, giving your full name, date of birth, College and matriculation term, by emailing to confirm your details.

Q. How do I request an Academic Reference from Queens’?
A. If you require evidence that you have studied at Queens’, or another form of academic reference, please contact the Tutorial Office.

Q. How do I register for my MA graduation?
A.  This event is run by the Tutorial Office. Further information on Degree Congregations, details of how to register, and future degree and congregation dates can be found on our graduation webpages.


Q. I am visiting Cambridge and would like to stay at Queens’. How do I book a room in college?
A. Accommodation can only be booked by contacting the Accommodation Officer, Donna Wilson, at


Q. Can I park in College?
A. Parking is not possible at College for reasons of environment and space. However, if you have a Blue Badge for disabilities to display or a specific meeting with a Fellow or staff member, parking is sometimes possible. It is by permit only. Please contact the Porters at or on 01223 335500 to check availability.


Q. How do I book a College punt?
A. Alumni can book a punt by contacting the Porters’ Lodge on +44 (0) 1223 335511 or at Punts must be booked and there is a charge for alumni. Charges also pertain to students and Fellows.

Updating your contact details

Q. I have changed my address/email/mobile number/job. How do I update my details?
A. Please complete the online form.

Alumni email address

Q. How can I register for my alumni email address?
A. You can apply for an alumni email account via the University of Cambridge alumni website.

Connecting with other Queens' alumni

Q. How can I connect with other Queens' alumni?
A. Queens’ Alumni Office works to keep alumni connected via our LinkedIn groups. Please join us! Queens' also has Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, run by the Alumni & Development Office. We can also try to assist you if you would like to connect with other alumni in your area. Please contact

Organising your own dining, reunions and other events

Q. How can I organise my own dining, reunion or other events at Queens'?
A. Queens' alumni are very welcome to organise their own dining, reunions and other events at the College, subject to any restrictions from time to time. Please contact our Events Team at to discuss your requirements. Further information can be found on the conferencing website.

Q. How do I book to dine at Formal Hall?
Please see our page on Alumni Club Table dining for further information. 

Graduation photos

Q. Where can I purchase a copy of my graduation photo?
A. Tempest Photography is the official photographer for your award ceremony, please contact them to order your photos. For the group photographs taken in college please contact Lafayette Photography.


For any other alumni enquiries, please contact