Donations to Queens' College
- There are a number of ways you can give to Queens'. You can: give regularly, endow a Fellowship, scholarship or student prize, or leave a legacy to Queens'.
- Alumni, Fellows and friends of Queens' have been developing this College for over 560 years by supporting it financially.
- Queens' aims to offer a world-class, research-led education to the best and brightest students, irrespective of background, in stunning surroundings.
- Continous funding is needed for the supervision system, pastoral care, the maintenance and development of ancient and new buildings, as well as bursary support for students who struggle to pay fees.
- Gifts of all sizes and types are most welcome.
Make a donation
You can provide details of your donation by printing our donation form and returning it to us 'Freepost' to the Queens' Development Office or calling us directly. For security reasons, please do not include any card details by email.
Tax efficient giving
It is possible to give tax efficiently through Transnational Giving Europe from the following European Countries:
Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, and The Netherlands.
This scheme is run by the Charities Aid Foundationand its partner organisations. It enables alumni to make a gift to the College and receive all applicable tax benefits in the country where they pay tax. To make a gift and claim tax relief please contact your national foundations and explain you wish to make a gift to Queens'. It would also be helpful if you could contact the Development Office to ensure that we have all the necessary paperwork in order.
The United States
If you are living in America, you can give to Queens' through Cambridge in America. Cambridge in America is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization (recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service) which funds grants that benefit Cambridge University and its member Colleges. In compliance with IRS regulations, the Board of Directors of Cambridge in America maintains complete discretion over allocation of gifts to Cambridge. Gifts to Cambridge in America qualify for an income tax deduction to the limits allowed by law.
Regular giving: The 1448 Society
- The College needs as many alumni and friends of Queens' as possible to giving regularly according to their means.
- The 1448 Society is for all those giving a regular annual, quarterly or monthly gift to Queens' (normally by direct debit) of at least £14.48 or more.
- These donors are invited to the annual Queens' Garden Party.
- For more information, please email Head of Communications & Regular Giving, Marisa Crimlis-Brown.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charitable donation by 25%, allowing Queens' to reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid allows Queens' to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.
- To be elligible for Gift Aid you must pay the equivalent amount in tax to the amount of Gift Aid any charities would reclaim on your charitable donations that tax year.
- If you are a UK 40% taxpayer you are entitled to reclaim the difference between basic and higher rate tax on your donation. This means that a gift of £1,000 per year to Queens' College would equal £1,250 including Gift Aid, but only cost you £750. If you are a higher rate taxpayer, please ensure you claim that margin on your own tax return.
- More details can be found on the Charities Aid Foundation website.
Leaving a gift in your Will
A Will is the simplest way to provide, after your death, for those you care about, as well as creating a lasting legacy for your charitable causes. Queens’ has thrived for five hundred years thanks to generous gifts from Queens’ alumni and friends. Legacies are crucial to securing Queens’ future for successive generations of Queens’ students.
- Any gift will make a difference to student support, teaching and sustaining Queens’ community, whether you pledge 1% or 100% of your estate.
- There are considerable tax advantages when you leave money to charities, like Queens’, in your Will.
- Please read our short Legacy Brochure, which provides more information about leaving a gift to Queens’ in your Will and includes wording for your solicitor.
- When you inform us that you are leaving a gift to Queens’ in your Will, you become a member of the Arthur Armitage Society and are invited to an annual thank you event at Queens’.
- Alumni and friends in America can also become members of Cambridge in America’s 1209 Society.
For more information, please email the Alumni Office.
Giving through shares
For details of giving through shares or other methods, please email email@example.com.
Donor plaque for the Cripps Court top floor - in gratitude