Student health & wellbeing services

Health and Wellbeing support in College is here to provide you with help and advice, covering a wide range of personal issues and general wellbeing.


A Tutor may be your first port of call, and often it is best to contact them by email to arrange a time to meet.  However, in case of emergency there is a Duty Tutor available at all times, who can be reached by asking the Porters to contact them for you.

Tutors work in conjunction with the Health & Wellbeing Team to assist students in overcoming any difficulty affecting their wellbeing or issues which might compromise their ability to study effectively, including health, welfare, financial or personal issues.  Tutors also provide support for students with specific academic related problems. They liaise with Directors of Study, the University, Faculties and Departments on the student's behalf. They can assist with processes such as funding for academic travel, supervision changes, course concerns, underperformance, examination issues (including allowances), academic discipline, fitness to study, intermission and return to study (alongside other members of the Health & Wellbeing Team).  

Please check your CamSIS Self-Service to check who your Tutor is. Contact details for all Tutors can be found under the Tutors tab.

Harassment and Assault

The College has three Harassment and Assault Officers (HAOs), Tim Harling, Jane Garrison and Jenny Schiller.  They can be contacted via

The College takes Harassment and Assault very seriously.  If any student wishes to discuss, report and or seek support having been subjected to any form of harassment or assault, please contact us.  We will walk alongside you, giving you options and support to you going forward.  We will provide you with details of internal and external options; it is important to remember that welfare is never contingent on you taking any of these options.

Our processes are transparent and accountable.  A summary can be found in this document.

Health & Wellbeing Team

In addition to the Tutors we have a Health & Wellbeing Team consisting of Welfare Advisers and a Registered Nurse.

The Welfare Advisers are Emily Farrar (Health & Wellbeing Centre) and Rev. Tim Harling (T2, Fisher building). All are highly trained and experienced at supporting others with any welfare issues. 

The College Nurses are Jenny Schiller (Health & Wellbeing Centre, Cripps Court) and Emily Farrar who can support you with a wide range of physical health and welfare issues. They are available to attend to injuries and minor illnesses, to give wellbeing advice and information, and to liaise with other health professionals. 



01223 (3)35562

Official Fellow
Dean of Chapel
Head of Welfare / HAO


01223 335578

Welfare Adviser
College Health & Wellbeing Centre


01223 (3)35569

Welfare Adviser/Mental Health Nurse
College Health & Wellbeing Centre

There are a number of student resources and sources of support available in the local area, which you may find of use.  The Welfare team can direct you to these, but below are a few examples.

Student Guide to Health care: is a website written by local GPs providing useful information on health care.  The University Counselling Service website offers self-help guides for many mental health conditions, information about groups and workshops and an online application form to apply for therapy/counselling.  Contact the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) for support, information and advice on disability matters.  The DRC can assist with questions relating to funding, screening, support and reasonable adjustments. Email the DRC or phone 01223 332301 and ask for an appointment. the Students' Union Advice Service