Support for Disabled Students

The Accessibility & Disability Resource Centre (ADRC) is here to support you while you are studying at the University of Cambridge.  You can contact us at any point during your studies.

There are lots of reasons to get in touch -

  • You may find that you face new difficulties during your studies, living away from home from home for the first time and responding to new demands academically.
  • You may wish to attend a screening for a Specific Learning Disability, ADHD or Asperger syndrome.
  • You may be facing mental health difficulties or long-term illness for the first time.
  • The strategies that you used in school to adjust for your disability no longer work.

A discussion with your Disability Adviser may help identify new strategies or support for you so that you can enjoy your time here and get the most out of it.

Further information can be found on the ADRC website, both for current students and prospective students.

Statement agreed by the University and the ADRC regarding Emotional Support Animals (ESAs)

Requests to bring an EMA onto University and/or College property will not normally be granted but would be considered on a case by case basis. Decisions to allow (or not to allow) an ESA onto University and/or College property will take into account relevant factors such as the reasons for the request and supporting medical evidence, the health, safety and welfare of members of and visitors to the University and/or the College, arrangements to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the ESA and of other animals, adequacy of training, insurance arrangements, the cost implications of any agreed arrangements and, where appropriate, laboratory requirements, licence conditions and any other relevant considerations.