Searching student library books/ebooks
- Use iDiscover to search all Cambridge libraries in one search. Holdings of individual libraries are indicated at the bottom of catalogue records. By logging in you can access your loan record and renew and request books from Queens' College Library. If you need help using iDiscover, please ask a member of staff or have a look at this helpful LibGuide.
- Most of our books are held in the Queens' College - Main Library location. However, some books have different locations that are inaccessible to students but can still be borrowed. If you come across any books with a 'Local Collection' location, please ask a member of staff to fetch it for you. If you come across any books with a 'WML Reserve Collection' location, you can request these to be fetched via our online form.
- Items with a 'WML General Collection' location can be found on the ground floor of the library.
- DVDs can be found on the first floor of the library.
Searching Queens' Old Library collections (early printed books & manuscripts)
Queens' Old Library is currently in the process of being catalogued online (available records can be found on iDiscover). Further items are being added gradually.
- Pre 1827 printed and manuscript holdings can be searched using Thomas Hartwell Horne's 3 vol. Catalogue of the Library of St. Margaret and St. Bernard, commonly called Queens' College in the University of Cambridge (London, 1827). Copies are held in Queens' and many other research libraries.A digitised copy of Horne's Queens' Library catalogue (in 2 vols.) can be browsed and searched online via the internet Archive: Volume I ; Volume II ; Subject index ; Name Index
- Queens' college Western Manuscripts are catalogued in M.R. James A descriptive catalogue of the Western manuscripts in the library of Queen's college, Cambridge (Cambridge, 1905). A digitised copy can be accessed via the Internet Archive.
- Manuscripts (including non-western) that were owned by Queens' in the early 19th century were catalogued at the end of Volume II (pp. 997-9) of Thomas Hartwell Horne's Catalogue of the Library of St. Margaret and St. Bernard, commonly called Queens' College in the University of Cambridge (London, 1827). The Descriptions and an Index are available online via the digitised copy on the Internet Archive.