*With so many working from home in Lent Term, it has been necessary to disable the recalls feature on iDiscover. If you wish to borrow a book that is currently on loan to someone else please just email us and we will be happy to resolve the matter for you. All current loans have been extended until 1st March*
- Access to the Library is by College Card.
- Library opening hours are 7am until 2am daily, and until 3am in Easter Term.
- While moving round the Library, please ensure you follow the one way system, wear a face covering and keep a 2m distance from other users at all times.
- We are currently unable to welcome old members and visiting scholars to access specific items or to consult materials unique to Queens'. Please contact the library to see if we can help you remotely.
Usual library services are in place for the self-issue and loan of books. In addition we are happy to assist you with the following:
- Arranging access to ebooks
- Posting books from our collections to addresses within the UK (for any students who are working remotely in Lent Term; extended loan periods apply)
- Leaving library books for collection from the WML entrance area (this service is only for students with a specific medical or other reason preventing them from entering the WML reading areas)
- Scanning books from our collections (either one chapter or up to 5%, whichever is greater, in compliance with copyright restrictions)
- For students who are self-isolating on site, delivery of books to student rooms
Queens' students can borrow up to 10 items for 7 days (Queens' staff members can borrow for 28 days, with automatic renewals), using the library's self-issue terminal which is situated in the library entrance.
- Books and DVDs borrowed in term time can be renewed 3 times, for a further 7 days each time (up to 28 days). This can be done by logging onto your online library account via iDiscover.
- Books can also be reserved by logging into your library account on iDiscover and then using the catalogue to search. All library items are subject to recall by other users at any time during full term.
- Recall, reservation and overdue notices are sent by email, so please keep an eye on your account.
- Fines for overdue books are added to termly College bills (25 pence per day per book; 50 pence for recalled items and DVDs). You can also now pay your fines via iDiscover.
- Over the vacation periods (Christmas, Easter and summer) loan periods are extended from the end of one term to the beginning of the next term so you can take books home for the holidays. Details of end-of-term recall dates and vacation loan periods are posted on the Library homepage and notice boards, and sent out via email.
- If you need assistance in using the self-issuing system please speak to a member of staff.
- If you feel you need more than 10 books or are self-isolating and unable to come to the Library, please contact us and we will see what we can do to help.
There are now a series of automatic blocks that are applied to your library account once certain criteria are reached (i.e. you have too many fines or overdue books). This will prevent you from using self-service machines to borrow outside of staffed hours. For more information about this and how you can borrow when these blocks are active, visit our Automatic blocks help page. Queens' Library staff are always happy to answer any questions on this subject and to help you to remove the blocks from your account. 9 times out of 10 you can still borrow from us when you have a block on your account, so if you have this problem please come to the desk during staffed hours.