Council tax exemption letter

Students who live in Cambridge accommodation or in accommodation wholly occupied by students will not be liable for Council Tax since the property will be exempt.  Any student who lives in outside College accommodation which includes non-students need to either apply directly to Cambridge City Council online for an exemption online, or if they are living outside Cambridge City Council, apply to the college for a confirmation letter using the form below.

Please note: if you live within the Cambridge City Council area, your details will automatically be supplied to Cambridge City Council, and no additional letter from the College is required.  If you are in private accommodation and living outside the Cambridge City Council area, please complete this form.

The letter will be e-malled to you when it is ready.  Please be aware that you may have to wait a few days for your letter (especially at the beginning of Michaelmas Term).  Therefore, do not wait until the last minute to submit this request.

We will use the information submitted in this form for dealing with your request. This might include contacting you to request further details if needed or communicating a resolution. The contents of form submissions are automatically removed from our database after 6 months.