Graduate funding


The College offers financial support directed towards the educational and research activities of its graduate student community through a number of  graduate studentships and awards, conference and travel grants,thesis expense grants, and in exceptional unforseen circumstances, hardship grants.

Queens' College offers the following studentships to graduates commencing a new course in Michaelmas Term 2018

Abba Eban Scholarship - open to applicants commencing a MPhil in Middle Eastern Studies, International Relations, History or related fields, concentrating in the area of Middle Eastern Studies.

Ajit Singh Cambridge-INET Studentship - open to applicants commencing a PhD in Economics.

John Lawrence Studentship - open to PhD applicants from Africa, Latin America or Asia.

Machin Studentship - open to MPhil or PhD applicants who will be studying in any field of science.

Queens' College Newton Trust MPhil awards (three awards) - open to UK (Home) MPhil applicants, who intend continuing to PhD study.

Redress Solutions PLC LLM Studentship - open to applicants commencing a LLM (Master of Law).

Sigmund Sternberg LLM Studentship - open to applicants commencing a LLM (Master of Law).

The Cleevely Studentships - open to applicants commencing a MPhil in Public Policy.

Stephen Thomas Studentship - open to overseas PhD applicants in Engineering or Computer Science.

The 1975 Bursary - open to applicants, who will preferably be studying in the areas of  Arts or Humanities and who will be financially disadvantaged.

For candidates who hold other awards, Queens' will adjust the actual value of its awards so as to ensure that the total package available to any recipient does not exceed the total annual costs of the course (including maintenance) published by the Board of Graduate Studies.



To apply for for Travel Grants, Hardship Applications and Thesis Expenses  - information and application forms for Travel Grants, Thesis Expenses and Hardship Applications.

University Funding Search - Details of all internal University, Dept and combined College funding awards (for students seeking funding for a new course of study).