- MagSoc: The St. Margaret’s Society of Queens’ is the Queens’ College Music Society, run by students to provide high quality and exciting musical opportunities, including a Symphony Orchestra, the largest non-audition chorus in Cambridge, a recital series, concerts at the University Concert Hall, and other musical activities in College such as jazz or musical theatre
- Queens’ College Chapel Choir is one of the finest mixed choirs in Cambridge, with a busy schedule of services, concerts, tours and recordings
- BATS is one of the most renowned theatre groups in the University, performing all sorts of repertoire, from Shakespeare on the lawn in Cloister Court to gritty modern drama or musicals in the Fitzpatrick Hall
- Queens’ is the alma mater of renowned alumni in the world of music and the arts: Paul Greengrass, Joanna Scanlan, Hannah Murray, Stephen Fry, Anna Gillingham, Simon Bird, Roger Michell, Charles Villiers Stanford and many more.
The Friends of Queens' Music Fund
- This is available to any current undergraduate or graduate student member of Queens', or any Musical Society at Queens’. Possible reasons for funding requests might include: private musical tuition; to attend a workshop; public performance; record production; purchase of an instrument; instrument maintenance/repair; manuscript or equipment purchase; and travel costs related to musical pursuits.
- Applications may be made in advance with receipts submitted within 30 days of the purchase/event.
- Deadlines for 2017/18 are: 10 November 2017, 16 February 2018 and 18 May 2018.
- The form can be found under ‘ Financial Assistance’ at the following link: https://www.queens.cam.ac.uk/life-at-queens/documents-policy/forms. For further information, please contact Mrs Moira Thomson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aliki Vatikioti Organ Scholar 2015-2017, Edward Reeve, conducting MagSoc for Mendelssohn’s Elijah (credit Tayo Moore)