Funding from the Friends of Queens' Music is available to any current undergraduate or graduate student member of Queens', or any Musical Society at Queens’. We are very grateful to our members and donors for their ongoing support of this Fund.
In the past, students have received funding from the Friends of Queens' Music:
- To cover the costs of private musical tuition, including examination entrance fees
- To purchase, repair or maintain musical instruments or cases, including electric pianos
- To purchase scores
- To cover the costs of going on tours with other musical societies, such as CUMS orchestras
- To cover travel costs related to musical pursuits and accommodation costs, for instance to stay in College during the vacation to take part in a performance
- To attend musical workshops, courses and summer schools.
Applications may be made in advance with receipts submitted within 30 days of the purchase/event.
Deadlines for 2018/19 are: 9 Nov 2018, 15 Feb 2019, 17 May 2019
The form can be found under ‘ Financial Assistance’ at the following link: https://www.queens.cam.ac.uk/life-at-queens/documents-policy/forms. For further information, please contact Mrs Moira Thomson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Friends of Queens' Music to enjoy a wide range of musical performances and to support music at Queens'.
Membership of the Friends of Queens' Music provides vital and sustainable funding for musical activites at Queens', giving our students much-needed financial support to continue their musical activities whilst at university.
There are a number of benefits offered to members and supporters of the Friends of Queens' Music. These include an invitation to the annual Garden Party, reserved seating at Choir concerts and carol services and personal acknowledgement in the Gift List. For more information about supporting the Friends of Queens' Music, please take a look at our leaflet or contact the Alumni and Development Office at email@example.com.