Working closely with the Development Director and the President, this position plays a key role in implementing the College’s development strategy, enhancing relations with College members and other potential donors/supporters, and maximising the overall fundraising effort at Queens’.
The position carries a shared responsibility for leading the Development Office, and the role holder will manage all of its operations and staff effectively to achieve its strategic objectives. Operations include the extensive stewardship programme, fundraising, communications, events, alumni relations and line management of staff.
This role is for a committed and experienced development professional, who can also work with prospects and donors to bring in major gifts between six and seven figures. The role holder will manage a small portfolio of donors and prospects with responsibility for raising major gifts through face-to-face meetings across the UK and occasionally overseas. The role holder will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects as appropriate.
This is an exciting role within a dynamic office and requires understanding of the College’s fundraising priorities, along with outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a proven track record of successful face-to-face fundraising.
Knowledge of the UK Higher Education Sector, the Collegiate University, and a strong belief in the importance of educational opportunities, with an understanding of current issues are beneficial. Teamwork, tact, research, preparation, excellent IT skills, having a positive attitude and attention to detail are also vital.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary range: £60,000 to £65,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
- Hours of work: 36.5 per week, Monday to Friday. There will be a requirement to work additional hours for attendance at events, evenings and weekends (this may include travel within the UK).
- Final Salary Pension Scheme after qualifying period.
- 29 days’ holiday, in addition to public holidays (34 in total).
Other benefits currently offered:
- One free meal during working hours (prepared daily by our chefs)
- Sporting facilities
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Subsidised nursery
- Subsidised sports and social events
- Discounted membership of dental or medical insurance
- Access to University Card; which also offers subsidised travel on U bus between Madingley Road Park and Ride and the College
- Subject to qualifying periods: Annual Service Awards, additional holiday entitlement and a day off every year for your Birthday
Further details are available from the HR Office, email: email@example.com or visit the College website: https://www.queens.cam.ac.uk/about-us/academic-staff-vacancies
The closing date for applications is 2pm on Monday, 5th June 2023
Interviews to be held Tuesday 13th June 2023 and Wednesday 14th June 2023
Please submit both the HR Details Form and Application Form.
- Applications will only be considered from those who already have a right to live and work in the UK.
- CV’s are not accepted as part of the recruitment process so please do not send them
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE