Council tax exemption letter

Students who live in Cambridge accommodation or in accommodation wholly occupied by students will not be liable for Council Tax since the property will be exempt.  Any student who lives in accommodation out of College, which includes occupants in that accommodation other than students, will need a letter of confirmation from the College.

Please note, if you live within Cambridge City your details will automatically be supplied to Cambridge City Council, and no additional letter from the College is required.  If you live outside the City, please complete this form.

The letter will be sent to your pigeon hole when it is ready.  Please be aware that you may have to wait a few days for your letter (especially at the beginning of Michaelmas Term).  Therefore, do not wait until the last minute to submit this request.

We will use the information submitted in this form for dealing with your request. This might include contacting you to request further details if needed or communicating a resolution. The contents of form submissions are automatically removed from our database after 6 months.