Sport is an important part of student life at Queens' - ranging from playing for fun and exercise to pursuing elite level challeneges. The College has a fine sporting tradition, producing many Olympians and other international sportsmen and women. in 2018, the College was in the final of Cuppers Rugby and Cricket (Men) with the Women's Rugby team winning their competition. The Men's Football XI won the First Division League.
The Sports Ground at Barton Road is one of the best in Cambridge. Students play athletics, badminton, basketball, chess, cricket, croquet, cross country, football, hockey, lacrosse, netball, pool, rowing, rugby, skiing, snowboarding, squash, table tennis, tennis, volleyball and water polo.
There is an annual Blues Dinner, hosted by the Fellows, to celebrate the achievements of our sportsmen and women who participate at University level.
Current Cuppers or league champions in:
- Men's Football League
- Water Polo - Cuppers
- Rugby - Cuppers Finalis
- Cricket - Cuppers Finalists
On the right-hand side are some further details about individual sports and clubs.
- The JCR website provides contact details for all sports clubs
- Email email@example.com to contact the JCR Sports and Societies Officer
- The MCR website provides information about all graduate sports clubs, including Queens' MCR football team (the most successful in the University)
- For information on sports awards, please see the information under 'Financial Assistance' here.