Sport is an important part of student life at Queens' - ranging from playing for fun and exercise to pursuing elite level challeneges. The College has a fine sporting tradition, producing many Olympians and other international sportsmen and women.
In 2018, the College was in the final of Cuppers Rugby and Cricket (Men) with the Women's Rugby team winning their competition. The Men's Football XI won the First Division League.
The Sports Ground at Barton Road is one of the best in Cambridge and short cycle ride away. Students play athletics, badminton, basketball, chess, cricket, croquet, cross country, football, hockey, lacrosse, netball, pool, rowing, rugby, skiing, snowboarding, squash, table tennis, tennis, volleyball and water polo.
There is an annual Blues Dinner, hosted by the Fellows, to celebrate the achievements of our sportsmen and women who participate at University level.
Funding for sporting participation is dealt with by the Senior Treasurer of the College Union (Dr Graham McShane firstname.lastname@example.org). There are sginficant sports bursaries at Queens' to help with students pursuing elite level sport, each of £500.
The Lill Bursary; The Mike Turner Sports Bursary; The Eleanor Duck Bursary
Current Cuppers or league champions in:
- Men's Football League
- Water Polo - Cuppers champions
- Rugby - Cuppers Finalis
- Cricket - Cuppers Finalists
On the right-hand side are some further details about individual sports and clubs.
- The JCR website provides contact details for all sports clubs
- Email email@example.com to contact the JCR Sports & Societies Officer
- The MCR website provides information about all graduate sports clubs, including Queens' MCR football team (one of the most successful in the University)
- For information on sports awards, please see the information under 'Financial Assistance' here.