All library study areas (Old Hall, Munro Room, Old Kitchens, Armitage Room) will close at midnight tonight (Monday 11 January). The War Memorial Library will remain open for borrowing and returning books but not as a place in which to study.
We are very sorry it has been necessary to make this decision. It will be reviewed periodically during Lent Term.
Library services this term
The library team is keen to assist you via email with all library and information requirements during the current lockdown, whether you are in college or working from home. In particular, we are happy to:
- Post WML books to student addresses in the UK. Please just let us know what you need. Where appropriate and necessary we can also post books direct from suppliers.
- Arrange access to ebooks.
- Email scans from WML books (copyright restrictions allow for one chapter or 5% of any single book).
- Leave WML books at the porters’ lodge for collection (for those who don’t wish to come into the WML).
- Deliver WML books to rooms of students who are isolating in college accommodation.
For all requests relating to the above and for any other library/e-resource query you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com. Sadly, library staff are not available for in person enquiries at present.
All loans are currently extended to 10th February (they will be further extended until all students are allowed to return). Students will not receive fines as a result of the delayed return to college. Please check your iDiscover account and let us know if there are any problems.
With so many working from home, it has been necessary to disable the recalls feature on iDiscover. If you wish to access a book that is currently on loan to someone else please just email us and we will be happy to resolve the matter for you.
Study Skills Workshops
We will be emailing you shortly with details of the library’s Lent Term programme of online literature searching and referencing workshops.
For updates on WML services please follow us on Facebook and for further details of how to use library resources while you are away from Cambridge please check our webpage and the relevant University Library webpages.
All best wishes for this term and the New Year,
Queens' Library Team