We are happy to announce that Queens' Library (WML) is now open to readers for shelf browsing, borrowing and returning books.
One-way systems and social distancing measures are in place.
Face coverings are to be worn at ALL times in each of the library reading areas.
A total of 8 bookable study spaces are available for use on the first floor of the WML. Further study spaces are available in the following library reading areas:
- Old Hall (14 spaces; no need to book)
- Old Kitchens (7 spaces; no need to book)
- Munro Room (8 spaces; bookable)
Bookable spaces may be reserved via this link: https://calendars.libraries.cam.ac.uk/calendar/queens
Usual library opening hours are in operation (7am-2am, daily)
Usual library services are in place for the self-issue and loan of books. In addition we are happy to assist you with the following:
- Arranging access to ebooks.
- Posting books from our collections to addresses within the UK (only for students given official permission to study from home; extended loan periods apply).
- Leaving library books for collection from the WML entrance area (this service is only for students with a specific medical or other reason preventing them from entering the WML reading areas).
- Scanning books from our collections (either one chapter or up to 5%, whichever is greater, in compliance with copyright restrictions).
- For students who are self-isolating on site, delivery of books to student rooms.
For a clearer picture of howing using the Library and our study spaces will work this term, please see this excellent video from Queens' JCR:
If you would like us to assist you with any of the above please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com