Old Court

Accommodation in Old Court is located on five staircases (A, B, C, E and F) and comprises eight sets for shared occupation and six rooms or sets for single occupation.

Predominantly built between 1448 and 1450, Old Court rooms are among the most sought after on the College central site and are usually taken by third year undergraduates.

For the 2018/2019 academic year, the charges for Old Court rooms are £1427.50  -  £1672.50 per student, per term for a shared set and £1625 or £1760 per term for a single occupancy room or set.

Walnut Tree Court

Walnut Tree Court consists of two staircases (G and H) each with six sets. WalnutTree sets are highly sought after and, as such, are usually taken by third year undergraduates and Fellows.

For the 2018/2019 academic year, the charge per student, per term for a Walnut Tree shared set is £1672.50.  The single occupancy set currently attracts a charge per term of £2160.00


Erasmus Building was erected 1959-60 to the design of Sir Basil Spence. It contains 43 en-suite study-bedrooms and two sets for Fellows.

Erasmus rooms are predominantly taken by third year undergraduates although occasionally a few rooms become available for commencing first year undergraduates.

For the 2018/2019 academic year, the termly charge for an Erasmus en-suite room is £1760.00


Built in 1885 and located in Friars' Court, Friars' Building has four floors and four staircases - M, N, O and P.

There are 52 Friars' rooms mainly occupied by third year undergraduates. Remaining rooms are available to a combination of postgraduate and commencing undergraduate students.

For the 2018/2019 academic year, the room charges for the Friars' building are £1150, £1365 and £1625 per term depending on size and outlook. 

Friars' rooms are medium-sized study-bedrooms with fitted furniture and washbasins. Typically a staircase landing has four rooms with showers and WCs on the ground and third floors and gyp rooms (kitchens) on all floors.


Built in 1936 and located adjacent to Silver Street, Fisher Building is a curved red brick building with five staircases (T, V, W, X and Y) over 4 floors.

There are 79 Fisher rooms occupied by a combination of Fellows, undergraduates and a few postgraduate students. The majority of rooms are shared sets i.e. a study with a separate bedroom with the lower three floors being occupied by second year undergraduates. The attic sets are for single occupation and are taken by undergraduates or occasionally by postgraduate students.

The shared sets have en-suite shower rooms. The attic sets on the third floor are not en-suite and share facilities between each set of four.

For the 2018/19 academic year, the charge for a shared set per student in the Fisher building is either £1427.50, £1500 or £1557.50 per term. A single occupancy set costs £1760 per term.

Cripps Court

Cripps Court was built in stages between 1974 and 1980. It houses just over 180 students which means the College can offer three years accommodation on the main College site to all undergraduates. The majority of first year undergraduates are housed in Cripps Court with the remainder being accommodated mainly in Fisher, Friars' and Dokett.

All bedrooms have either en suite facilities or adjacent bathrooms for exclusive use. Gyp rooms (small kitchens) are provided on all floors. 

For the 2018/19 academic year the termly charges for a Cripps Court room are £1625.00 or £1760.00. There are some larger 4th floor en-suite rooms charged at £2045.00 per term.


Built in 1911 and located in Friars' Court, Dokett Building has 3 staircases (Q, R and S) connecting four floors.

Dokett Building has 46 rooms which are normally occupied by a combination of Fellows and undergraduates with occasionally a few postgraduate students.

All rooms in Dokett Building have close access to bathrooms either as a bathroom shared between two rooms or an en-suite. There are gyp rooms (small kitchens) on most floors. Usually only the small study-bedrooms are available to commencing undergraduate students as the third year undergraduates often choose the larger ones in their ballot.

For the 2018/2019 academic year the termly room charges for rooms in the Dokett Building range from  £1150.00 to £2045.00 per term.