To make a tax-efficient donation from the United States, please support this Fund with a gift to Cambridge in America.
The Covid-19 Student Support Fund
This Fund has already raised £221,000 from alumni, Fellows and friends to support Queens' students affected by this crisis through the 2020-21 academic year. Areas the Fund will support include:
- Expert treatment to support mental and physical welfare, through The Mairi Hurrell Fund (in honour of her recent election to an Honorary Fellowship)
- Quarantine accommodation, particularly for international students
- Enhanced bursaries: Queens' currently supports a third of our undergraduates and we expect demands to rise
- Expanded aid for postgraduate students’ living costs
- Assistance with increased travel costs
The Mairi Hurrell Fund
This has been set up specifically to support students who require treatment and counselling for physical and mental health. It is in honour of Mrs Mairi Hurrell who, despite having retired from Queens' in 2015 after giving outstanding service as College nurse for over 20 years, provided emergency cover in the Health Centre during the Lent Term of this year. Mairi's care ensured that so many students were able to graduate. In July 2020, Mairi was elected to an Honorary Fellowship by the Governing Body of Queens' in recognition of her service to the College.
Please let us know if you would like your gift to go towards The Mairi Hurrell Fund.
Double your impact with The Harding Challenge!
Gifts to this Fund from donors in the following categories qualify to unlock matched funding from The Harding Challenge:
- First time donors to Queens’ and the University
- Donors who gave to Queens’ for the first time between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020 (and have already qualified for The Harding Challenge)
- Donors whose last gift to Queens’ was before 31 July 2018
Please contact Sam Davis in the Development Office if you have questions about whether or not you might qualify for The Harding Challenge.
Queens' students help the most vulnerable in our community
We are very proud that our students have been fundraising to help others during the Covid-19 crisis, including a sponsored 'Shave-Off' and a challenge to run 1,448 miles as a group in May.
- House 50 students at Queens’ who could not return home
- Help those who could not afford emergency travel
- Help with IT provision so students could be taught online by College Fellows